[ale] Apache permission problem

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Thu Jan 21 19:34:48 EST 2010

Hi,

I have a web server running Centos in a data center.  If I use ftp to
upload file abc.jpg to a directory within the document root, apache
displays it just fine.

However, when I send abc.jpg as an attachment to mutt, save the file
and then mv it over to the same directory within the document root,
apache says that I do not have permission to access the file.

The owner/group and read/write/execute permissions are the same in both cases.

The must be something hidden like a sticky bit.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks,

Terry Bailey