[ale] Preferred domain registrars?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:46:45 EST 2010

I'm looking into new hosting solutions as well. I will likely post a
new thread it later.

As far as moving email accounts. I would continue hosting the email on
the current host until everything is configured on the new host. If
you are doing IMAP, then I would have people download their mail to
their local machine in the interim. That way, when you change the MX
record, they won't lose any mail and can re-upload it to the new
server.

In my situation, though, I'm going to look at moving my email hosting
to Google. I believe their free Gmail for domains will work for my
business. If so, I won't have to worry about moving email in the
future. Hosting email is a royal pain.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/