[ale] OT: but on Linux; Flash card memory card reader/writer

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:50:25 EST 2010

So far every one I've tried has either "just worked" or was DOA hardware.
Some have been stupid (like the card must be inserted _before_ the USB cable
is connected) but most are just fine with nothing to tweak on the Linux
side.

Internal vs. external depends on preference and availability of an internal
USB header. I once ran a USB cable outside the box to an external port
through a notch I cut in a slot cover :-) The internal unit came with no way
to connect to a header, just a standard USB type A.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Looking for a card reader/writer that will support most current card
> types. I am running Fedora 12 x86_64. Are there any gotchas, that I need
> to watch for? Also, Internal vs. external, any benefits of one over the
> other, or is it just personal preference?

James P. Kinney III