[ale] Preferred domain registrars?

Brandon Checketts brandon at brandonchecketts.com
Wed Jan 20 11:08:29 EST 2010

I'd also like to get away from Godaddy, but you just can't beat their prices.
You can always find coupon codes on retailmenot.com to get domains for about
$7.67/year and SSL certs for $12.99/year.

Godaddy gripes:
  - UI is a pain and has too much upselling
  - I don't like their advertising or owner
  - They don't acknowledge when they have problems
  - It seems they tend to turn on auto-renew automatically somehow
  - Support treats me like an idiot, even when I'm right.  I'm sure they deal
with a ton of idiots, but I've had a couple occasions where their DNS servers
were down or wrong, and their only response is to wait for 72 hours for things
to propagate.

I'd love to find a good alternative who had competitive pricing.

Thanks,
Brandon Checketts