[ale] Preferred domain registrars?

rs at ale.spam.futz.org rs at ale.spam.futz.org
Wed Jan 20 10:35:15 EST 2010

>Does anyone have recommendations for registrars that handle .net
>domain names and cost around $10/year?  I've been going through the
>ICANN list alphabetically, so far dotster.com doesn't look horrible
>and has the cheapest transfer rate at $7 for the first year.  They're
>also lucky 13 on the registrar rankings at webhosting.info.  Any
>good/bad experiences with dotster?

I've been using Dotster for 12 years, and haven't had any issues other than
teh fact that renewal pricing is 2x transfer... So if you can get get
multiple years at $7/yr, sign up for as many as you can!

--
Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling a pig in mud.
After a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.