[ale] Preferred domain registrars?

Tue Jan 19 20:54:09 EST 2010

Sadly, I have to say that GoDaddy.com has the best prices in domain
registration. I hate the idea that someone can whois my domains and
see that I used them. I fear that people will judge my character by
the advertising methods that my registrar uses. I didn't succumb to
their marketing. I went for the best price. I moved over to them in
2002 before they went racy.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the same market. Most of my domains are with bluehost.com right
> now, but I'm going to be leaving them soon. I'm currently using
> GoDaddy for a couple domains. Pro: they're cheap. Con: their interface
> is a confusing mess.
>
> 2010/1/19 Björn Gustafsson <bg-ale at bjorng.net>:
>> My five-year stint with my current registrar is expiring, and their
>> new rates are too much for me to handle.  (Put another way, I'm very
>> cheap.)
>>
>> Does anyone have recommendations for registrars that handle .net
>> domain names and cost around $10/year?  I've been going through the
>> ICANN list alphabetically, so far dotster.com doesn't look horrible
>> and has the cheapest transfer rate at $7 for the first year.  They're
>> also lucky 13 on the registrar rankings at webhosting.info.  Any
>> good/bad experiences with dotster?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Björn
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

.!# RichardBronosky #!.