[ale] OT: looking for a good quality and price for printing business cards

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jan 19 17:56:37 EST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> I've heard bad things about VistaPrint's color reproduction and bleed
> trimming. I know that every company is going to disappoint a few
> people. I just think that buying cards from a company that offers free
> business cards is a red flag. I also don't like giving my info to
> anyone involved in
> http://www.google.com/search?q=vistaprint+credit+theft

Hadn't seen that one. Partially why I keep a low limit card
just for odd web purchases.

The print quality has been pretty good, but I also do very simple
mostly black on white business cards.

I was taught by a very good marketing expert:

   Put the card on the table/desk in front of you.

   Stand up, maybe even take a small step back.

   If you can't identify the company and a sense
   of what they do, it's not a good design.

   It's also about raised ink, Paper quality and texture
   if you can afford it.

BTW (and to be on-topic): A small Linux-ish penguin
seems to attract a lot of comments on my GeekLabs cards.
I don't use them very much, mostly for fun..
Maybe I should more.. or add it to my serious business card.