[ale] Web filters

mmillard1 at comcast.net mmillard1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 17:16:54 EST 2010

I was wondering if any of you have first hand experience with webflters? The company I work for has been using a Bluecoat Proxy / AV for years.  It went end of life and we have looked at a few products. We've got a good price point on a new Bluecoat 810 but others in the department are pushing hard for a Barracuda 810.  It is well below half the price of practically everything else available.  It uses clam as it's AV engine while the Bluecoat can use Kaspersky, Sophos or a number of other products.  I'm trying to decide where to place my vote.  I'm honestly worried about putting the Barracuda in an Enterprise setting.  I'd very much appreciate any advice or personal experiences anyone wants to share.