[ale] DVD recorders: know of a good one?

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 09:53:49 EST 2010

Subject: [ale] DVD recorders: know of a good one?
To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!" <ale at ale.org>

>Hi. We need to find a DVD recorder that will record from a RCA input,
and, here's the important part, actually allow you to take that disk and
play it in another player/rip it. Got a suggestion? These goshdarned
Sony boxes record okay, but only play back internally. Whatever oddball
format they use doesn't move well.

Check your user guide to see if there is a 'Finalize' menu item.  On my Pioneer DVD recorder, it makes the DVD readable on anything else (including computers).

BTW, I replied to the entire digest I receive, pasted this message alone into the mail, and replaced the subject line with this topic, hope that meets the spec :-)

Daniel