[ale] OT: Dec For Sale

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Feb 28 16:49:16 EST 2010

Hi all,

Down in Macon, GA my dad has a DEC that we would like to send to a good
home. He purchased this for $250 a few years ago from a man in north
Georgia who said it spend the 1990s answering the phone at a utility
company. My dad kept it in his classroom while he was a high school
technology teacher, but now that he's no longer teaching it's gathering
dust on his carport.

There's a Vaxstation 3, DECvoice unit, two hard drives, and a tape drive
in an enclosure on wheels. There's also a VT420 terminal. You'll need a
truck, ramp, and at least two strong people to load and unload this.

If you're interested in this equipment and capable of picking it up,
please email me off-list with an offer.

You can see some pictures of the equipment at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/puerexmachina/sets/72157622981044137/

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts