[ale] Innoative ways to spread Linux. Was: ITT Tech this Saturday?

Fri Feb 26 06:01:17 EST 2010

I've been meaning to finish a Python (PyGame) based OpenGL slide show
application for use in turning OLD OLD OLD laptops into digital
picture frames. I'm making it work without X11 to keep it light
weight. I'm building a library of super smooth "Ken Burns" like
transitions (with rotation as a bonus) and an Arduino API. I want to
make a knoppix-like distro that turns a laptop bound for a landfill
into the most impressive photo frame in the world.

I think I've talked about this before, but the difference now is that
I'm in a python training class all this week, and will be better
equipped to put more work into it.

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.