[ale] [OT] Psychology of Denial about Climate Change

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Feb 25 12:01:30 EST 2010

je

"Industry also claimed removing the lead from paint was going to be cost
prohibitive but we managed to make it work any way."

Of course if you'd had to suffer through those cars with the early
catalytic converters in the late 70s early 80s you might run screaming
at the idea of a similar change.  There was nothing more fun than
hitting the gas to merge onto an interstate (even at the nation 55 MPH
speed limit we had then) and waiting to see if the car would actually
get up to speed before that semi caught up with you.  My Ford Granada
did 0 to 60 eventually.

But I agree moving it to power generating plants would help.  Not only
that since those are typically not all over like the cars themselves
localized concentrations of emissions might not be so bad at ground
level where we all breathe.