[ale] OT: Firefox just keeps reloading GMail

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Feb 25 08:34:00 EST 2010

Firefox doesn't block anything by default (except popups and IE does
that now).

If you add NoScript and Ad Block Plus it will block many things but you
can always tell it to allow specific sites or even specific elements on
a site.   It's not even that difficult to do.  For ABP right clicking on
ads or images lets you add the rule to block them.  For No Script
clicking on the little S at the bottom right of the screen shows you a
list of blocked items.  You can temporarily unblock individual things or
all of it or permanently unblock individual things or all of it.  One
side benefit is it automatically blocks PDF so more than once has saved
me from accidentally opening a 1000 page PDF.

I've not sent he slowness the earlier person was talking about except
with the early 3.0 release.  3.5 corrected all the issues introduced in
3.0.