[ale] OT: Firefox just keeps reloading GMail

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Feb 24 17:10:06 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 08:25 -0600, Dustin Puryear wrote:
> On the topic of Firefox, has anyone dropped it for Chrome? I love
> Firefox except for the fact that it is DOG SLOW.

Right now I can't even use FF.

It blocks too much :)

I'm uploading files to a user via dropbox using the web interface to
dropbox.  They are running the client in XP.  For some reason I can not
access any tabs while this is going and FF is not very responsive.  The
upload is working and files are appearing on his laptop but my FF
session keeps going grey under Ubuntu 9.10, if you know what I mean.

I've had a problem with the Facebook image uploader where it would do
something odd that would prevent FF from doing anything else.

It is as if when FF executes java script all other threads yield!  If
the JS has bugs then you'll not be able to access any other tab.