[ale] OT: Firefox just keeps reloading GMail

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 11:16:34 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Lightner, Jeff <jlightner at water.com>wrote:

> Cynicism makes me wonder if there isn't a possibility that Google is making
> it difficult for other browsers to handle Gmail specifically so they'll go
> the Chrome route?
>
> As for me I don't use gmail and think Firefox is great.

You could be right. I found questions about this on the Mozilla support
forums as far back as 2006. The developers indicated it was more of a GMail
issue than a Firefox issue. At any rate, I still haven't found a fix. Lots
of the message threads I found just trailed off with no resolution (kind of
like this one). I don't have this problem when I'm using Firefox for Windows
at work, but some Windows users have it as well.