[ale] [OT] Ga. Power & the "Flat Rate Plan"

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Wed Feb 24 09:30:03 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 09:13 -0500, David Ritchie wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Lightner, Jeff <jlightner at water.com> wrote:
>
> > Don't get me wrong - I'm not a neo-con by any stretch of the imagination and don't believe in "unrestrained" capitalism but rather "managed" capitalism.  The former gave us the society where we had 20 millionaires and everyone else working 16 hours a day for $1.   The economic melt down at the end of Dubya's 8 years showed us once again that "unrestrained" capitalism and "trickle down economics" are very bad ideas for most of us.   In the long run they're even bad for the people at the top though most of them are too short sighted to see it.
> >

>   The problem has been recently is that the neocons believe that any
> regulation is bad,

I do agree, the problem IS neocon, but do you know what one is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

In economics, unlike traditionalist conservatives, neoconservatives are
generally comfortable with a welfare state; and, while rhetorically
supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding
social purposes.[4]

Neoconservatism is NOT a free market, is not a capitalist.  The love of
money is the root of all evil and breaks should be in place.  However,
the role of the FEDERAL government is far, far, shorter then that which
is in place now (I am speaking in purely Constitutional terms).  I am
not sure at all that Teddy Roosevelt was right about monopolies.  I am
not sure he was wrong either.  I struggle with such things.