[ale] Suicide Linux

Brandon Wood woody at 2143.net
Tue Feb 23 09:53:28 EST 2010

Saw this as I was going through my feeds. I'd fail in a heartbeat...

Think you've mastered Linux? Prove it, with Suicide Linux
<http://www.pheedcontent.com/click.phdo?i=85c70b674c8cec706fcc78a3a6ee79b7>
from Download Squad<http://www.google.com/reader/view/feed/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.downloadsquad.com%2Frss.xml>
 by Jay Hathaway
Linux gurus who pride themselves on their skills with the command line would
finally have a way to prove it if one guy's wacky idea came to fruition.
Yes, it's Suicide Linux <http://qntm.org/suicide>, where any unrecognized
command is parsed as "rm -rf /" ... that's Linux for "your hard drive's
content go boom." Sorry, no helpful spelling correction in Bash, just boom.
This concept popped up on Sam Hughes' qntm.org last year, and has been
making the rounds of the web again this week.

Why would you ever want to play Suicide Linux? Well, it's certainly not
practical, but it makes more sense as a game than as an actual operating
system. See how many days you can make it without erasing all your files!
Hell, I probably wouldn't even be able to survive Suicide Mac OS X for more
than a week (sometimes I flub my Quicksilver commands when I'm tired,
okay?!), so Suicide Linux sounds to me like a test invented by an
overdramatic movie villain.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I couldn't find an actual download of
a Suicide Linux distro, but it seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to
create ... especially for someone who could use it.