[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:09:45 EST 2010

The year is 2215.
The Global Health Research Institute has just issued the definitive paper
that shows a causal link between physically handling the plastic found in
credit cards of the late 20th and early 21st centuries to be the source of
the decline of higher brain functions in Northern Hemisphere genetics. The
BPPH plasticizer has been directly implicated in blocking the rational
thought centers of the adult brain and redirecting impulse centers to the
area of the brain associated with overeating and compulsive gambling. That
decline in brain function has been tracked down through 3 generations and is
now directly responsible for the ongoing food riots in much of the former
North American regions...

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/22/2010 10:01 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> > It does appear based on my read of this link:
> > http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/6500-1350.html that the
> > poster who said the limit for losses applies to Debit cards as well as
> > Credit cards was correct. However, I’ll point out that the link does
> > specifically excluded overdraft protection fees among others so it is
> > still a matter of Bank Policy as to whether they would refund those.
> > Most do but as I pointed out earlier why take the risk when use of
> > credit cards avoids this altogether and also insures the money isn’t
> > coming directly out of your bank account in the first place?

James P. Kinney III