[ale] [ANNC] Upcoming ALE Special Events, 2/25, 2/27, 3/6 !

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sun Feb 21 14:07:22 EST 2010

On 02/20/2010 09:06 PM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:

> On SATURDAY, FEB. 27th, from 9am to 5pm,
> we invite you to join us for
>
>  THE ALE SOURCE FREEDOM LINUX FEST
>
> being hosted at the _new_ ITT Tech facilities at:
> 485 Oak Place, Atlanta, GA 30349
>
> We invite everyone to promote this event where ever possible
> and appropriate!  A printable PDF poster is available at:
>  <http://ale.org/static_pages/ale_sourcefreedom-20100227.pdf>.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know that this event is a drop-off point for
donations to Free IT Athens. Wolf Halton will be collecting them for us.

Over at Free IT Athens, we're facing a problem that hasn't occurred
since mid 2009: we're running low on computers! This means that
volunteers who want to gain experience with computer hardware and linux
have nothing to work on, and families that would like to purchase a
low-cost computer have to stay on a waiting list.

If you have any computers with a 500 mhz or faster processor that you
can donate, this would be a great help! Donations are tax-deductible. If
you need a receipt, please attach the following information to your
donation and we'll send one to you - Name, Address, Phone #, Email, What
you donated.

More information on what equipment we can and can't use is available at
http://www.freeitathens.org/donate

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts

Free IT Athens is a non-profit community advocate for free software and
open technology. Our goal is to provide access to information technology
resources to Athens-Clarke County residents and organizations. For more
information, visit http://freeitathens.org