[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 16:31:29 EST 2010

On 02/20/2010 01:44 PM, Pat Regan wrote:

> Checking and savings accounts are free, unless you are required to pay
> for some checks.  You can just open another account and keep it lightly
> funded.
>
> Pat
We already have 1 checking at SunTrust, a 2nd checking at ING and a
savings at ING. I have already gone round robin with them a couple of
years ago. They had erroneously made a payment that was supposed to have
been from someone elses account from mine, gave someone else my deposit
and then turned around and charged me about $300 in fees because about 6
debits came in at the same time along with a couple of ebill payments
leaving me overdrawn. It took several days to straighten it out, and
then while this was going on they bounced my rent check, which cost me
an additional $100 to the landlord along with Cashiers Check only for
future payments. That is why I opened the ING accounts. I keep the
SunTrust account for quick access and also so that I wouldn't have to go
through the hassles of changing my 2 govt disability direct deposits as
well as my son's disability direct deposit. The less you fool with them,
the easier life can be.