[ale] OT: Security code on Credit/Debit cards

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 08:40:20 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 02/19/2010 08:03 PM, Jim Philips wrote:
> > I can't add a whole lot to Michael's well-informed reply except to say
> > that your chances of getting a police response are not good. You have to
> > be more careful about exposing your debit card details, because the
> > issuer protections are not as good as those on your credit card. If you
> > want to use a card for small purchases, we are starting to see cards
> > that are funded like a PayPal account. I have a Revolution Money card
> > and it doesn't even have my name on it (!). A surprising number of
> > merchants accept it now. Since American Express now owns it, you will
> > see more and more merchants accepting it. I never fund it for more than
> > $100.
>
> Unfortunately due to huge medical bills I went through a bankruptcy so
> credit cards are not an option leaving me with MC & VISA Debit card.
> This Revolution Card that you mention, where can I go to find out more
> about it, I've never heard of it before.

You can learn more at:

https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/

<https://www.revolutionmoneyexchange.com/> I don't know if they are running
credit checks before opening accounts. So far, I have found that Publix,
CVS, Whole Foods and Macy's accept the card. They see it like a debit card
and you just enter your PIN.