[ale] Private Tomcat 6.0 Server and VMware Server 2.0

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 19 17:23:10 EST 2010

On 02/19/2010 12:43 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> (although OpenVZ as announced development efforts
> to support 2.6.32 with a target of about a month from now).

That's the one thing that has been annoying me lately about OpenVZ.  LXC
is pretty good, though there is one piece of software that I have yet to
get working underneath it (FreeSWITCH, my phone system).  It will,
however, run under OpenVZ.  I'd probably still be using that if they
would just track the mainline and keep up with it.  I find myself
wondering just why they don't do that.  I guess if they go with 2.6.32,
they won't go again for supporting another kernel until 2.6.46.  :-P

Hopefully, I will have some time to figure out what FreeSWITCH's issues
are with running under LXC and get them solved, though.  I needed to use
a very new kernel so my hand was forced away from OpenVZ/Proxmox.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                                    ☎ (404) 492-6475