[ale] Job Opening in Alpharetta [ Was: Pre-Job Posting Question ]

Miller smeadspam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:14:59 EST 2010

Position:

Stonebranch, Inc. is a young, thriving, software development company
providing solutions for
Fortune Global 500 companies. Our products address the systems management
challenges
existing in large heterogeneous environments. We take pride in the quality
of our solutions,
which shows in our strong, growing customer base.

We are currently seeking a QA Test Engineer to add to our Quality Assurance
team. Our
solutions are supported on all major operating systems including UNIX,
Linux, Windows, z/OS,
Tandem, and OS/400.

The primary responsibility of this position will be to validate software
capability and reliability
by execution and tracking of all test levels. This position is an
opportunity to work in a creative
and dynamic environment, collaborating with others in order to ensure the
highest quality is
delivered for maintenance and new development projects.

Responsibilities:

   - Contribute positively to a productive, creative, business-oriented and
   quality-oriented team environment
   - Involvement in all stages of the development life cycle of a
   commercial, multi-platform, distributed system software product to ensure
   usability and quality at each step.
   - Development and execution of test cases based upon product requirements
   and design specifications.
   - Validate software capability and reliability by execution and tracking
   of all test levels to include regression, functional, and performance.
   - Resolve testing problems by conferring with team to revise test
   objectives and standards.
   - Customer support activities as required.

Qualifications:

   - Minimum of four years experience as a QA Test Engineer.
   - Proficient with a minimum of two of the following operating systems:
   z/OS, OS/400, UNIX, Linux, Windows, or Tandem.
   - Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and diagnostics.
   - Familiar with UNIX shell languages, Windows scripting, z/OS JCL, TACL,
   or OS/400 CL, or Perl.
   - Experience working with Tomcat, AJAX Testing, SOA and JMS environments
   - Familiarity with agile development processes such as Scrum.
   - Database inspection skills, particularly MySQL, would be a plus.
   - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
   - Experience in or knowledge of IT support roles in a large heterogeneous
   data center.

Contact john.reeder at stonebranch.com for consideration.