[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.02.17 - LLVM

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Mon Feb 15 17:40:37 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 05:23:40PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Ryan Curtin <ryan at igglybob.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:47:59PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> >> I'd like to see something on git.  I've just done a little with it and
> >> I'm pretty confused.  I've tried using smartgit which is a pretty cool
> >> gui, but I totally lack git foo so even the gui is confusing.
> >>
> >> I see you (Ga Tech) is going to address it in a few weeks.
> >>
> >> How long are the presentations at Ga Tech typically?  Is it mostly
> >> presentation time or do you spend a lot of time on other topics?
> >
> > The presentations range from 30 minutes to 90 for our more... long-winded
> > presenters but we usually aim for about an hour.  I'm giving the git
> > presentation so I can say that it'll probably be in the range of 40 to 60
> > minutes.
> >
> > The general format is a quick welcome, the presentation itself, fielding of any
> > Linux-related questions (we don't tend to get too many people coming for help),
> > then the most important part, which is the selection of the food location (then
> > we go there but that is technically "after the meeting" not part of it).
> >
> > --
> > Ryan Curtin       | "It's too bad she won't live!  But then again, who
>
> I think I'll try to make it.
>
> College of Computing Building, room 16 I assume for it too.
>
> Where is the college of computing?  I went to school there almost 30
> years ago, but things have changed a bit.
>
> Damn, I can't even remember where the computer center was back around
> 1980.  Seems like it was diagonally across from the EE bldg and sort
> of behind the library.   I assume its been replaced by now anyway.
>
> I know where the Student Center, Library, Skiles bldg, etc. are.  They
> all still exist I'm pretty sure.

Here are the written directions from our website:

 * From 10th Street turn on State Street into campus (left if going West).
 * Go straight at stop sign (crossing Ferst).
 * Left into parking lot (just North of building-81/Physics)
 * We’re in building 50, CCB

See http://lugatgt.org/events/ as it also has an informational picture.  You'll
park in the lot that's yellow on the picture, then walk across Atlantic Dr. to
the building denoted with '50' on the map.

--
Ryan Curtin       | "Moo."
ryan at igglybob.com |   - Eugene Belford