[ale] LUG at GT Meeting - 2010.02.17 - LLVM

Ryan Curtin ryan at igglybob.com
Mon Feb 15 16:59:51 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 04:47:59PM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I'd like to see something on git.  I've just done a little with it and
> I'm pretty confused.  I've tried using smartgit which is a pretty cool
> gui, but I totally lack git foo so even the gui is confusing.
>
> I see you (Ga Tech) is going to address it in a few weeks.
>
> How long are the presentations at Ga Tech typically?  Is it mostly
> presentation time or do you spend a lot of time on other topics?

The presentations range from 30 minutes to 90 for our more... long-winded
presenters but we usually aim for about an hour.  I'm giving the git
presentation so I can say that it'll probably be in the range of 40 to 60
minutes.

The general format is a quick welcome, the presentation itself, fielding of any
Linux-related questions (we don't tend to get too many people coming for help),
then the most important part, which is the selection of the food location (then
we go there but that is technically "after the meeting" not part of it).

--
Ryan Curtin       | "It's too bad she won't live!  But then again, who
ryan at igglybob.com | does?" - Gaff