[ale] marietta ale meetings?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Feb 13 21:54:03 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 21:05 -0500, john anderson wrote:
> I wonder if it needs to be in the same format as the central meeting.

Ha!

Nothing is ever set in stone with this bunch.  The central meetings
don't even always adhere to the same format as the central meeting.  All
of this was originally patterned, by intent from the very start, day -1,
on the way AUUG runs (I was there at the original planning meeting at
GATech years ago).  All of this has been a very rough loose format.
AUUG has stayed pretty close to their template through the years and
will to come (we're now coming up on the 25th anniversary of the
founding of AUUG).  ALE has ventured forth on more than one occasion.

Got something you want to try...  Go for it...  You run it...  You
volunteer...  You decide...  Give it your best shot!

One time...  We thought it would be fun to have an install fest and
Linux Expo at the GATech Student Center.  Next year it was the first
Atlanta Linux Showcase...  And ALS snowballed from there till we all
burned out.

Have fun.  If it's not fun it's not worth it.  If it's fun, that's all
it takes to make it worth it.

Mike