[ale] little math

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:28:45 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 22:56, Brian Pitts <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> >From the OP:
>
>> I'm just going by people recommendations in setting up a LUKS volume.
>> They all agree to do the urandom data will produce a stronger means of
>> encryption as opposed to all zeros, which is the last data pattern
>> written in the badblocks utility.

OK, the LUKS people make sense... but where does it say that repeating
urandom data every so often is a security concern or that having 100%
random data on the whole disk is a security enhancement?    Again, my
whole point is that duplicity of random data is no less week than no
having duplicity of random data.   The assumption that one will be
able to tell the random data from real data hasn't been proven beyond
assumption.

-Jim P.