[ale] cars

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Feb 12 11:42:37 EST 2010

I have been driving for more than 45 years and have easily
driven more than 1.5 million miles. Driven everything from
mopeds to large trucks.
I have been involved in only two accidents; both times I was
rear ended while stopped at a stop light.
My point is no matter how safe you are as a driver, sometimes
you can't avoid being hit by idiots. So keep your insurance paid up
and be CERTAIN to have an "uninsured motorist" rider on the policy.
:)
One lesson I taught both of my kids was to always hit any critter
smaller than a full grown bull head on -- don't try to swerve, you'll
just hit the damn oak tree. Doing that with a modern car is one thing --
with a light-weight bicycle is another thing entirely, which is why I
am not about to second guess Charles for trying to miss the stupid
dog. :)

Sean