[ale] [OT] A Public Education (was: [OTOTOTOT] unusual global warming experiment)

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:35:05 EST 2010

On 2010/02/11, at 14:31 , Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 14:19, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
> > wrote:
>> There's money being spent by school systems but it's not going to
>> help educate the kids.
>
> I can't believe that I'm jumping in to this mess of a thread... but
> Jim Lynch has mentioned the most truthful and worthwhile thing so far,
> and it needs to be noted for that.

Actually, I found the best comment was Jim Kinney's point below,
because it speaks to the economic disparities that are the core of
most of the world's problems (including the fact of global warming
being caused as significantly by wood cooking fires and 2 cycle
moped motors in developing nations as by coal fire power plants
and modern 4 cycle automobile engines in our own):

"I don't think it's "property value " so much [as] home ownership vs.
rental. I really think that sense of responsibility and permanence from
home ownership leads to a longer view that supports academic
excellence.  In the US, a renter is actually encouraged to move often
based on move-in incentives, etc. Ask any person in K12 teaching
how disruptive a family move is to a child's learning process."

As to education money not being spent on education, I have to agree...
at least as far as the way that our piratized U.S. public school funds
are now devoted almost entirely to training our rising generations to
be rigidly and blindly obedient, greed driven consumer drones who
are only good at glutinously and arrogantly usurping the world's
resources or at taking tests while they are simultaneously led to
squander their diminishing leisure time and the years that should
be spent pursuing higher learning in order to train for the murder
and torture of brown people with remote control video game
weapons so we can take everything those foreigners might be
sitting on as ours to consume, too.  Any passion for learning
and reason and knowledge and free thought and inquiry is being
systematically driven from the public educational system in the
same ways that the hate monger political climate has driven
everything of worth and reason and civility out of our
commonwealth civil institutions.

If even half of the national resources that are squandered on the U.S.
industrial death machine industry to develop better ways to kill people
were instead used to develop better ways to meet basic, world wide
human needs for food, clothing, shelter, health care, energy and
education, then we wouldn't need to fabricate excuses for the endless
wars of invasion and occupation, or disguise those military atrocities
as disaster "relief" operations or claim they are a defense against
intangible conceptual enemies like "tearism" and "commienism"
and "drugs".

We might then spend the rest of the bloated industrial military death
budget to improve the human condition, perhaps by establishing
public college education systems, or by making any other investment
in education or public services that would inevitably be a better use
of our tax money than the 70 BILLION DOLLARS a year we currently
squander producing slick TV adverts and spreading fraudulent
promises to entice our young people to become fascist murdering,
torturing mercenary tools of the glutinous leeches running the
globalized corporate death machine industries.  SEND YOUR CHILD
TO DIE FOR LOCKHEED EXON MOBILE MARTIN!   ALL YOUR
OFFSPRING ARE BELONG TO US!

Never before have so many worked so hard to deny their own self
interests for the glutinous leeching avarice of so few.

peace
aaron