[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Feb 11 14:57:24 EST 2010

Well, THIS WEEK it may seem silly to say, but one of the things that
attracted me to the Toyota Prius is that it puts out 10% of the
pollution of a Toyota Camry.

And when you are stuck inching along in traffic, it just uses the
electric motor.     So, it's perfectly possible to go miles in heavy
traffic and create no pollution at all.

If I recall correctly, regular gas engines are least efficient idling.

Granted, I've been working in the basement for 20 years, so I don't get
out much really.