[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 13:57:48 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Jim Philips <briarpatch.jim at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well, I would be hard pressed to find a good argument for MORE traffic. But
> I think technological solutions are on the way:
>
> 1. networked traffic management based on GPS
> 2. an increasing array of "auto-pilot" features in cars.
> 3. and not least: cars that pollute less
>
> I'm a big advocate of removing the "operator nut" from cars. Most accidents
are caused by driver error. To provide adequate safety, cars are heavy.
Heavy cars use more fuel. Get rid of the steering wheel for all but the most
rural, desolate areas so the cars can be far lighter and pollute less (of
all tailpipe outputs). Even better still, make them so they can "train"
together and only have to push the air out of the way for the first car.

If my car could drive itself home I could spend more time at the pub! It
would be boost to the local economy!

James P. Kinney III