[ale] Anyone else Buzz'd?

scott boss scott at sboss.net
Thu Feb 11 12:35:27 EST 2010

I think google is less spread thin than most large shops (Microsoft, IBM,
hp, oracle, etc...) google's products are interrelated and/or deriviative of
each other.  Google phones are Linux based and they are a major Linux shop.
 They are a web based communication company with gmail, wave, talk and now
buzz.  Now some of them are more different than Their piers (wave to the
others).

So as long they make good progress on the beta products and keep their other
ones current, I think it is good.

Sent from my mobile...

On Feb 11, 2010, at 11:56, Marc Ferguson <marcferguson at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to see collapsable areas for my friends that indicat a new post.
> Cronological order puts the heavy tallers at the top.
>
> On Feb 11, 2010 9:44 AM, "Jon Reagan" <jreagan90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've been trying it out for the past few days and it seems pretty
> nice... a bit like Twitter or Facebook.  I think what will really
> determine my use of it is how many of my friends join.
>
> Jon
>

> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Brandon Wood <woody at 2143.net> wrote:
> > Anyone else trying out Goog...

I'm using it, but I'm a bit skeptical of the usefulness of it. I may not be
the target audience since I'm knee-deep in most of the other popular social
media platforms. Funny how all of us "social-media-heads" end up following
each other so it's impossible to get away from repetitive updates.

I'm with Jim on the ability to collapse Waves, ah I mean Buzz.

On another note, this has me a little concerned with Google thinning it self
out a bit. I think they're doing too much. They seem to be all over the
place with their projects and acquiring companies and I'm not certain that's
a good model (no matter how much money they can burn). They already have all
our data, privacy is still a concern for some people, etc etc.

--
Marc Ferguson

Registered User #410978
www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"

See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo