[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Brian W. Neu ale at advancedopen.com
Thu Feb 11 10:33:42 EST 2010

Or maybe, just maybe, you've made such an emotional investment into
hating that it's now part of your identity and it's nearly impossible to
accept the reality of who stands for what.  Your phrase "Communist
Republican" makes as much sense as a saying your meat is "Well-done
rare" or your coffee is "Hot Cold" or even "Honest Politician."  My 5
y/o knows that just doesn't go together.  It's nonsensical, and if we're
going to have an honest discussion, then honesty is required.

Google "Hide the decline" to see how the scientists seeking so hard to
justify their existence as the champions of the fight against Armageddon
protected their imaginary enemy by "hiding the decline" in temperature
even as CO2 outputs reached record levels.  The malicious and deceptive
practices go on and on from there to the glaciers to custom tree ring
selection to other lies.

Here's the lesson from this whole thing:  The human mind is an excellent
chess player.  It can see two and three moves ahead, causing fear at a
threatening outcome.  People without an overriding commitment to the
truth will dodge the fear and lie to avoid discovery and collapse of
their desired situations.  This is why in M. Scott Peck's book, "The
Road Less Traveled" the first and foremost commitment a person must make
for mental health is "To live in reality at all costs."  There is
inevitably a cost to being committed to the truth, because we're not
always right.  The cost is having the onions to say, "Ya, I was wrong
about that one" and then face the fear of how others react to your
admission of mistake and the fear of the unknown of what is next after
you enter a world that is different from what you perceived previously.

I think everyone would be pretty forgiving if Al Gore came out and said,
"Hey, that pseudo-religion that I conjured with the indulgences and all
-- it's all BS.  CO2 is the weakest of all greenhouse gasses and not
really a threat at all.  I had no personal meaning to my life and Tipper
calls me demeaning names when she sees me naked.  I saw the Green
movement as a way to position myself as someone who was needed, and
could make hundreds of millions of dollars from suckers and through
government-enforced mandates."  He could even say, "Hey, the CIA thought
there were WMD's in Iraq and my scientists really thought that CO2 had a
large greenhouse effect."  But the WMD's weren't there, and CO2 doesn't
create a strong greenhouse effect.  One admission has happened, one hasn't.

Al Gore is positioned to make more and more millions from the fear of
man-made global warming.  Just like climate scientists aren't going to
throw their entire livelihood out the window to admit that they have no
evidence whatsoever to support a theory of a CO2-caused global
disaster.  Why would we pay teams of them millions of dollars to play
with multi-million-dollar equipment if humans had absolutely no control
over the climate at all?   Self-preservation can't be discounted.  Their
very jobs, and hence their identity, are intertwined with the lie.

And while we're on the subject of lies, I always find such great irony
in how Liberals are always tossing out suspicion after suspicion of
Republicans lying and scheming about all kinds of things when they are
in power, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up.  The irony of
course is that the Liberals are saying very plainly, "If I were in
power, this is the kind of lying and scheming that I would be doing."
After all, their heroes, Marx, Alinsky, Cloward & Piven all promote that
any means that works to achieve power is justifiable -- ie: no morals
whatsoever.  Lying isn't frowned upon by Liberals.  Skill in the art of
lying is celebrated in such dubious wonders as Bill Clinton, Hillary
$100->$100k Clinton, Sandy Burglar, Rod Blagojevich, John "not my baby"
Edwards, William Jefferson, etc..  Sure some on the other side have
lied, but they are shamed and shunned because lying isn't part of the
moral code of the right.  It makes me believe that the moral code of the
Left is more than just lying to include a duty towards whining,
complaining, and spewing nonsensical crap to avoid rational discussion
(see drivel below).

Still doubtful that man-made Global Warming is hooey?   Try this speech:
    http://www.michaelcrichton.net/speech-alienscauseglobalwarming.html

Need more?  I can go on and on and on. . . . but I need billable hours
in this short month.  Enjoy, but don't hate.

Toodles for now,

-BWN