[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 10:16:38 EST 2010

Improve traffic by removing lanes on 20, 85. 75, and 285. Simultaneously
slap on a rising gas tax of $1-$2 / gallon and a special tax on parking lots
of about $2/day/space. All of that money gets used to add rail lines that
run daily commuters every 10 minutes from Chatanooga to Macon, Athens to
Atlanta and Social Circle, and Gainsville to LaGrange.

2 million people drive to work each day in the metro Atlanta area. That
could mean $3M per day to rebuild our transportation infrastructure to be
some approaching sanity.

On Feb 11, 2010 7:31 AM, "Geoffrey" <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

wolf at wolfhalton.info wrote:
> The whole argument is like assuming trends in the value of stocks by
I'd like to see data on this.  I for one think that we need to figure
out that the solution to traffic is NOT laying another two or three
lanes on I75.  I think our transportation technology is 100 years
behind.  Certainly we can come up with better transportation solutions?
 I'm not disagreeing with your point, I just see the growth of traffic
and wonder where the hell we are headed with this.  When will people
finally say enough is enough and give up on the 2 hour one way commute?

Certainly, if we could reduce the traffic impact, it would help with the
overall problem?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the governme...