[ale] unusual global warming experiment

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Thu Feb 11 06:46:24 EST 2010

The whole argument is like assuming trends in the value of stocks by
their daily up-ticks and down-ticks.
People are being very reactive to global warming as if they are going to
be punished when daddy gets home.
"No sir! I didn't cause no global warming.  Look, it snowed in New
England!"

It may be too late to reverse the trend, even though we could reduce
greenhouse gasses by shuttering the factory feedlot operations that get
us inexpensive beef.  Even though it may be too late, we can still
refrain from making it worse   by learning to eat one less burger per
week.  The ship may be sinking, but at least you can stop opening
windows below the water line.
The entire history of humanity has been a string of "how we deal with
the unanticipated consequences of our decisions," including technical
advances and distribution systems.

Most of the pollution around cities is caused by factory stacks,
specifically the burning of coal, but the spin magicians make it the
"fault of the masses" by saying we can solve those emission geysers by
reducing the emissions of cars.