[ale] Sound question

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Feb 10 17:45:37 EST 2010

On 2/10/2010 3:25 PM, Ryan Marshall wrote:

> I understand that right now you're looking at doing something simple,
> and admittedly I haven't played with Csound, but in the long run, I
> think it's worth it to run on Jack.  If for nothing else, the advanced
> routing functions make it worth it.  You could, for example, take your
> Csound output, patch it through JackRack and have your PC act as a
> multi-effects unit as well

Huh.  My plan was to build a quirky little multi-effects box out of
Csound.  I was (unsurprisingly) unaware of JackRack.  Turns out,
Csound can act as a JackRack plugin!  So, maybe new plan: get Jack
and JackRack working, and write my idiosyncratic effects ideas
as CS plugins for JR.

I'm guessing recording multitrack audio is not going to be a problem
either.  Maybe I can eBay my GNX4.

Thanks for the advice, especially re kernels. Will install an RT
one presently.

-- JK

--
We Americans are a freedom-loving people, and nothing says "freedom"
like Getting Away With It. -- Guy Forsyth, "Long Long Time"