[ale] A little math

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Wed Feb 10 12:59:34 EST 2010

The extrapolation presumes a constant rate of fill and may approach the
top throughput available,
and doesn't account for archiving and removal that may be going on.

a virus that copies a 513byte file infinitely will fill your drive as
quickly as one
producing 1023byte files because of the sector size issue, won't it?
Hard drives do not fill uniformly, but mostly fill 512byte blocks.
The index may or may not accurately show the files number and size
filled.