[ale] Secrets of Audacity!

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:11:58 EST 2010

Since starting a music podcast ( http://eelfighter.podbean.com ) I
have been playing with Audacity 1.3.9 a little bit.  But when I loaded
a sound file into Audacity and tried to play it, nothing would happen
-- I mean, like, the cursor wouldn't move, and no sound came out even
though it went into play **mode** and the edit parts of the program
were greyed out.  Google was not helpful.  Eventually I discovered
that "software playthrough" under the Tracks menu was checked. When I
unchecked it, everything worked correctly again.  Further, you can go
into
Edit->Preferences->Recording and make sure it's off by default.  Now I
am a Much Happier Camper.

-- CHS