[ale] VLM & LUKS

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:23:20 EST 2010

I am in the process of changing out a 500GB for a 1TB. When I had
originally installed Fedora 12 I created three volume groups, using LUKS
on all 3. I had also created 2 swap files as LUKS logical volumes split
between 1st and 2nd VG. The hdd change is the 3rd VG and it only has 1
lv. I had removed the original 500gb from LVM and then did the physical
switching around the drives. I have now recreated the 3rd VG with 1 LV
on the new 1TB.

I had first ran smartctl short and long on it and now I'm running
mkfs.ext4 -c -c on it. Once that is done what do I need to do to enable
it as a LUKS volume? I would also like to use my global passphrase for
my other LUKS volumes, is that possible after the fact?