[ale] Personal Backup Strategies?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:43:31 EST 2010

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a minivan loaded with back up tapes!

Once the cost of a tape drive pair, one stored off site for fire protection,
is choked down, local and off site backups become much easier.

Park a cheap system with a big raid 1 at a friends with good bandwidth and
rsync at night. Set up a box for the friend at your place.