[ale] xscreensaver problem

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 3 11:38:40 EST 2010

When we had problems like that, it was caused by a defective video driver.
It wasn't that it didn't authenticate, it was that after authenticating,
there was some kind of bug that caused it to go right back to authentication
again.

Anyway, my tip is to look at the xorg log file. On my debian systems, its
/var/log/xorg.log.