[ale] Thermite party

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Dec 28 13:20:59 EST 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>> We'd need to find a large area of dirt where the fire department won't
>> come shut us down I assume.
>
> A smart move might be to check with them and get their blessing first.
> Sometimes they will let you do it just to watch it themselves (they get
> bored too).  Sometimes, once they've actually seen it in action they may
> say never again (ask the clowns lighting charcoal with LOX).  If they

The burn I showed the video of,
was right next door to the fire department
near downtown Chattanooga.

In the pre-meeting, showing what we were up to the fire marshal and
fireman.. I quipped: "Welcome to the pyromaniacs anonymous meeting..."
and one of the fireman replied: "Amen Brother, we are all here".