[ale] auto start

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Mon Dec 27 17:57:16 EST 2010

: )

I was 99.9% sure that (v1.98...) was GRUB2; Ubuntu had gone to GRUB2 as
of 9.10 that I'm aware of but haven't played in the GRUB2 sandbox since
9.10 (which I left for FC12 and GRUB).  Knowing that GRUB2 could be (in
my belief) replaced by GRUB in a custom install...I didn't want to make
too many assumptions on this posting until I had enough information that
I wouldn't talk way out-of-line.  (I'm a self-declared "newb" but just
over one year of driving Linux on a daily basis and have learned enough
to cover a lot of level I issues -- MANY kudos to this group for
enhancing my learning curve!)

But a further look into this reveals GNU GRUB version 1.98
+20100804-5ubuntu3 to be the default GRand Unified Bootloader, Version 2
for Maverick.  GRUB2 it is....

Will take a troll through the Ubuntu Forums and see about finding the
answer to the question after dinner for soots-n-giggles.......

RinL