[ale] Best way of setting up a 2nd monitor.

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 10:48:32 EST 2010

On 12/27/2010 10:18 AM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> On 12/27/2010 09:15 AM, Byron Jeff wrote:
>> I bought a pair of 12 ft 24 GA preium quality HDMI cables from
>> monoprice.
>> They delivered quickly, inexpensively, and they worked like a champ.
>>
>> Highly recommended.
>>
>> BAJ
>>
> Bought a couple of audio cables for hooking up PC audio to my stereo
> 35ft and seems to be working out pretty good. I also found them to be
> very quick, I had them within 5 days standard shipping from CA. Total
> cost for each was about 12.00 including shipping & handling. The RCA
> plugs had a nice and tight fit, not like some other cables that I paid
> more for that appeared very cheap looking, not much better than what
> most component mfgs include with their products.
Forgot to ask you for info about a stepup you had mentioned in another
thread, " xinit, autoexec, xorg, gdm, kdm, etc.etc.,". I'd like to see
if I could easily adapt that to GDM/Gnome DE on Fedora 14. Sounds like
what I'm trying to do.

Also for Greg, when I had done my initial test I used the VGA port with
a 8ft cable and as soon as I launched gnome-display-properties it kicked
in the VIZIO with the correct resolution settings for the screen, I
didn't have to do anything. I'm not sure whether I can change anything
with that GUI or not.