[ale] Docsis 3 Modem Recommendations

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Mon Dec 27 10:00:10 EST 2010

On Monday 27 December 2010, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> snips
> Granted this is only an
> issue for remote support but it helped crystallize my bias against
> internal modems.

Seems like someone should invent an internal modem that works like an
external. Drawing physical power from the PC, but other wise wired like
an external and capable of being rebooted independently. Most tower cases
I have seen have more slots in the back than the mother board supports,
so you could probably use one of these if your tight on slots.

I would love to have a DSL modem like this to reduce wiring clutter.
--
William