[ale] old newbie

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 18:20:47 EST 2010

Hello alers,

I used to subscribe to this list a few years ago while running SuSE,
Redhat and Fedora.  I have been busy with other things since then. I
recently decided to upgrade my systems and I was appalled at the
changes in the technology. For instance, one can hardly get a
motherboard that has IDE ports on it. Some may have only one. What to
do with my IDE harddrives. and dvd burners, let alone my SCSI
equipment? I have to get all SATA or USB? Even my 2006 Scott Mueller
book  (Upgrading and Repairing PC's) is out of date. Are there
adapters for IDE to SATA  for example. Is there anyone with similar
problems or is there a good site for old newbie's like me?

Thanks,

Cor