[ale] facebook hacked?

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 19:21:38 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Tom Freeman <tfreeman at intel.digichem.net>wrote:

> Jeff
>
> I'm not sold that there is anything on Facebook that you need to know
> about at the speed of molassas in January.
>
> Uphill
>
> IMHO of course...

The level of old-fartism in this thread is amazing. Of course, I realize I'm
arguing with a group that only recently understood that Pine and Lynx are
not the future of the Internet.  I should add that I am fifty-seven myself.
Facebook has put me back in touch with friends that I lost track of up to
thirty years ago. Of course, some of them I no longer have anything to say
to. But I do have something to share with many of them and it's been a real
pleasure for me to see what they're up to. If you don't have social
connections like that, so be it. But social networks can have a great value
for those people who take the time to understand what they can do.