[ale] Fwd: “FarmVille for Dummies” Is Real and Available for Pre-Order (Mashable)

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Dec 17 12:40:33 EST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 12:26 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> just too appropriate..
> http://us.rd.yahoo.com/dailynews/rss/tech/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20101217/tc_mashable/farmville_for_dummies_is_real_and_available_for_preorder

I played for a few months at got totally bored.  I figured out how to
maximize profits so that I could level up quickly.  I surpassed a few of
my neighbors who had been playing for a year prior.  There is a point in
FV where to progress you really need to spend real dollars for FV
dollars.  That is where I believe the scam is.

I totally agree with the argument that Zigna needs to pay for hosting
but they can charge me a monthly fee.  Instead, they find neat and
clever ways to separate you from your Washingtons.  Running a special
item that can only be bought with FV is a prime example.

Two people can start at the same time and the one that can invest $30
could have an amazing farm in just one day.

I got wrapped into the Smurf Village game on the itouch last month.
Seems harmless but then you realize you need smurf berries for certain
items, including Smurfette.  Then you realize the game is very familiar
to farmville but with a different plot.  You finally delete the game.

Back in May I had to go to a trade show in Denver.  I harvested the
crops and plowed the field in FV.  I never went back....