[ale] laptop with 1080

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Mon Dec 13 11:45:08 EST 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:19:32 -0500
"Narahari 'n' Savitha" <savithari at gmail.com> wrote:

> Friends:
>
> One of the members came to SPSU on Thu last and during conversation
> informed that his laptop is a 1080p.
>
> Could that person please email out the specs and the model number ?
>
> Thank You
> -Narahari

Lots of laptops have 1080p displays.  Mine is an 18.4 inch HP DV8T.  I
went with this one because it is a quad core i7, it has a 1080p display
(I would have taken 1920x1200 as well :p), and it can drive two
external monitors (VGA and HDMI).

It is a monster of a laptop for the price I paid.  It seems to cost
about $200 more today than I paid for it back in February.  Everything
that I care about works right out of the box with Ubuntu.  The only
unfortunate thing is that the kernel can't read the charge/discharge
rate of the battery.  Oh, and I have no idea if the fingerprint reader
thing works.

Pat