[ale] ReplicatorG On a Stick!

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 11:14:11 EST 2010

I know of some ongoing efforts with various kinds of plastic, all alas
still about the same price as ABS filament.  Extrusion printing is
tricky -- the stuff's got to come out stiff enough to hold its shape,
yet sticky enough to adhere to the next layer.  M

The thought of using plastic powder to print makes me scared.   Powder
would go everywhere in the house in short order. Even if it's
non-toxic, I get enough plastic in my diet as it is.  I betcha the
feed system would be a Crawling Horror to maintain as well.  The great
thing about filament is that it is really simple to handle --- the
feeder on these things is just a pinch-wheel connected to a phatt
electric motor. Simple is Good.